Friday, May 6, 2011

Cooking - Poached Eggs

This morning I felt like poached eggs for brekkies, and I didn't feel like going out to a restaurant. Can't be that difficult to make, I thought. Now, I can make delish soup, and stew, and I've been known to do a good omellette (occasionally). But, poached eggs is something new. So, off to google I went. This is what I got - http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_poached_eggs/.  I like that they have pictures.  I did use the mason jar ring because I was afraid I would make a congealed mess if I plonked the eggs straight into the boiling water.  I did not use vinegar - just straight water.  It worked!  My poached eggs looked the same as the picture depicted on the linked recipe.  Really!  It did.  I can now make poached eggs.  They are less fattening, and one gets a better taste of the yummy yolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow daisies

Yellow daisies
taken in Nanaimo

White daisies

White daisies
field of daisies taken in Nanaimo