Monday, October 18, 2010

News - Pumpkin Time ....

... and oh, yeah, Halloween.  Bleh!  Not too thrilled about that part.  I am sorry, North American readers, but I was quite astonished, when we moved here, at an event where kids can come pounding on your door, demanding treats, or they'll trash your house.  Say what????  I am from South Africa.  We don't do that there, unless it's caught on since I left 14 years ago (as so much else from America has done).  I am happy to say, it seems to be dying out now ... last year, not one knock did I get.  I wonder if I should bother putting the porch light on this year?  Probably not ... save on electricity and grocery bill.  Instead, I will relax with some hot chocolate, and a good movie sans the irritating pauses when getting up to pass out the candy.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie, nice to meet you. It always surprises me when someone stumbles upon my poetry blog....

    I hope you enjoy what you find there; poetry is therapy for me. I usually post to it about once a month, and I've been slack lately :( Most of my attention goes to the main blog. I hope to have something new posted by the end of the week.

    Curious about living in South Africa, sounds fascinating.

    Glad you stopped by and look forward to getting to 'know' you better, New Blog Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I saw your main blog. I do love poetry, and it is one of the creative writings that I am studying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, welcome to my "followers". :D

    ReplyDelete

Yellow daisies

Yellow daisies
taken in Nanaimo

White daisies

White daisies
field of daisies taken in Nanaimo