Friday, May 4, 2012

Memoir - April 2012

The transformation in process
April was a busy month.

Beginning of the month I saw The Hunger Games with my husband.  It was fantastic.

5: I attended the launch of our university's literary magazine, The Portal.  I have a short story published in the magazine ... my first published literary work.  Yay!

21-22: I went to my first fan expo with my daughter and her friend; this one was in Vancouver, Canada.  It was fun, despite the long line-ups.  The costumes some people wore were so creative.  All genres of sci-fi and fantasy were represented, i.e. Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Stargate, and so on.  Artists, actors, and voice actors were there signing their autographs.  There were lots of t-shirts, artwork, comics, trinkets of every kind to buy.  Even the batmobile was there.  I will certainly go next year again.

23-29: Went to Calgary to search for an apartment/condo.  We found one, and hope we get the mortgage in time to meet the waiver ... next Tuesday.

30: Got home in time to see my son off to Cadiz in Spain where he will be working for the next three weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow daisies

Yellow daisies
taken in Nanaimo

White daisies

White daisies
field of daisies taken in Nanaimo