Friday, October 28, 2011

Memoir - Summer 2011, part 1

I sooo wanted to go to Israel this summer, and planned it with my niece and sister.  But, my husband said he could get two free tickets to Frankfurt, close to where my eldest daughter and her family live.  So, off we went to Germany (we = myself and my youngest daughter Mel).  Germany is so different in the summer:  sunny, green, blue skies ... you get the drift.  Not in the least like it was when I visited in the winter. 

We went to little coffee shops, bakeries, a castle in Lundstahl,  and enjoyed time with my grandchildren.  We also went to the local wine farms and bought copious amounts of good sweet wines.  And, we could only take one bottle back.  Ugh!













Photo:  My grandson with his daddy on our trip to the wine country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow daisies

Yellow daisies
taken in Nanaimo

White daisies

White daisies
field of daisies taken in Nanaimo