Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Opinion - Dreams

"Dreams" have many meanings:
  1. There is the nightly purge of our daily angst which allows us to function clearly. 
  2. Then there is the aspirations and desires we might have for our lives ... the dreams of how we would like our lives to be.
  3. Daydreaming, or imagining things ... this is a creative function, that could include brainstorming.
  4. Negatively ... it could be nightmares, illusions, wishful thinking and fantasies.
Life should be a matter of balance.  We should plan, but also dream.  I, for instance, am planning to be a writer (my dream) by going to university to get a degree in creative writing.  While studying, I write, and what I write is critiqued by my fellow students and I get feedback from my instructor.  And so, I improve, and get closer to my dream of earning a living from being a writer.  But, until then, I do what I enjoy ... in essence, the dream is ever present, ever evolving, whether published or not.
Edgar Cayce said: "Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions."  I believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow daisies

Yellow daisies
taken in Nanaimo

White daisies

White daisies
field of daisies taken in Nanaimo