Saturday, April 30, 2011

News - Royal Wedding

Gosh! So tired still! My daughter and I watched the royal wedding on Thursday night ... finished around 5am our time, with the double kiss.  I am glad it's over.  There was so much cover leading up to the event, that I was quite sick of it.  Of course, now the critique of the wedding begins, but it's rather anti-climactic since it's over. 

What I thought of the wedding?  I loved the dress .... the lace was just enough fanciness, off set with the classic lines of the rest of the dress.  The train was not too long for one person to manage, and compared to Princess Di's wedding, this one was quite simple and elegant.  I loved the little pages and bridesmaids.  So cute!

The now duke and duchess will be visiting Canada in June/July 2011. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the wedding, but all the beforehand coverage, was it really necessary?

    The dress was beautiful and they look so happy. I hope this will last.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Yellow daisies

Yellow daisies
taken in Nanaimo

White daisies

White daisies
field of daisies taken in Nanaimo