Friday, April 22, 2011

Life - Good Friday

It has been a quiet Good Friday spent researching for new stories, and catching up with house cleaning/laundry.  My daughter and I are also watching the Dr. Who marathon. 

I have been reading about the subgenre of sci-fi: steampunk.  I find this genre quite intriguing.  I've always loved trains, particularly steam trains ... I was a railway kid.  I also enjoy the Victorian era history/fashion/architecture, and the authors of that time, for example, Jules Verne.  I have not written much sci-fi ... just tried my hand at one for my latest assignment, and found it exciting to imagine other worlds, other sciences, etc.  I am hoping to stretch that story into a novel.

I am going to write a short story encapsulating a steampunk world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yellow daisies

Yellow daisies
taken in Nanaimo

White daisies

White daisies
field of daisies taken in Nanaimo